Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Twitter for Travel?

I've recently signed on to Twitter (http://www.twitter.com) and you can follow me (s0mebody, please) @Westmount Writer and am discovering some travel deals advertised there. For instance, Jet Blue Airlines is supposed to post deals on Tuesdays that you can follow as Jet Blue Cheeps (cute, yes?)
A few other airlines, travel companies and writers are also listed. For a time I was being followed by a site called @London England that was supposed to be posting discount deals every day in London. When I checked a couple of days ago there didn't seem to be any activity--perhaps they were delayed by the riots?
This is an experiment with Twitter--am trying to figure out how to link posts for this blog to Twitter. Not sure how it will work out, but any source of travel bargains in these economically difficult times is worth checking out.
I would be pleased to hear from anybody who has found good travel deals through Twitter. I suppose it could be especially useful for people on the road with their mobile devices.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home