Thursday, November 24, 2011

Amazing Bargain Tour to Russia and Ukraine




If you are looking for a low-cost trip to Russia and Ukraine, it will be hard to beat one being offered by Friendship Force (http://www.friendshipforce.com/) starting next May 1. The trip includes a week's homestay in Lugansk, Ukraine and a week's homestay in Moscow, and is organized by the FFI club of Brisbane, Australia, but open to all. Cost for the two weeks? A mere $525 U.S.


Naturally, this doesn't include air fare, visa cost or insurance, but it is still incredible. It is easy to spend $525 on one night's stay at a luxury hotel in Moscow alone. I was sorely tempted by this trip, but will probably pass because I would be replicating the Moscow sight-seeing I did on my FFI trip earlier this year. Much as I love Moscow and its sights, I'm more interested now in improving my Russian, which could stand a great deal of improvement.


Lugansk is a smallish city in southeastern Ukraine, the more industrial part of the country. While it isn't known for its sights or history, I imagine the home hospitality will be amazing.


Right now there are still 25 places available on this tour, and you can find out more about it on the Friendship Force Website--click the segment marked "Experience the World" and scroll down.

Pictured above are some of the beautiful embroideries that were for sale in Zaporozhe, Ukraine, not far from Lugansk, in 2010.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home